Withdrawal Policy

Academic Withdrawal Policy / Dropping Classes

Note: It is the responsibility of the student to drop or withdraw from any class

If students need to withdraw from a class after that class has started, they may do so under the following policy:

  • Dropping a class could affect your financial aid. Check with the Financial Aid Office at your college of enrollment for more information.
  • Students can drop classes from their very own personal web page by clicking on the Drop link in the left-hand menu through the 100% refund date (see specific drop dates listed on the calendar).
  • Students who wish to drop their class after the 100% refund date can do so by contacting the registrar at their college of enrollment. The final date to withdraw from a course and receive a “W” on your transcript is posted on the EDUKAN calendar. After this date courses cannot be dropped.
  • Once the full refund date has passed, students should contact the registrar at their college of enrollment to have the class dropped for them.
It is recommended that students visit with the instructor or advisor before dropping a class.

Refund Policy

EDUKAN students are responsible for dropping classes prior to the last day to be eligible for a refund to avoid course charges.

Students wishing to drop a course by the deadline published on our semester calendar will receive 100% of their tuition for that class after they have officially dropped the class.   

No refund for tuition is available to the student after the last day to drop as listed on the EDUKAN calendar

Dropping and/or withdrawing from a course can have financial and academic implications that should be taken into consideration when making this decision. With the recent changes in financial aid rules and veterans education benefits, we recommend that students needing to drop a class speak with their college of enrollment’s Financial Aid Office or Business Office.  

Tuition that has been paid by Federal Title IV funds will be returned to their sources according to the Refund/Repayment or Return of Title IV Funds policy. Students can be required to return Title IV funds as well. Failure to do so can result in the termination of Federal Aid eligibility. Based upon the date you discontinue enrollment, you may receive a full or partial refund of your fees.

When a student discontinues enrollment, they must contact their school of record’s Financial Aid Office, as they will calculate the amount of financial aid you have earned prior to the date the action was filed. Any aid received in excess of the earned amount is considered unearned. The unearned financial aid must be returned to the respective federal programs. The calculation is based upon only the amount of Title IV Aid for which you were eligible. 

Click here to find the contact for your Financial Aid office.