Transfer Credits

Transferability of EDUKAN Courses

Courses offered by EDUKAN have good transferability to other public Kansas Community Colleges and baccalaureate-oriented state and regionally accredited Regents Universities.

If you are taking these courses to fulfill degree requirements at any institution, it is your responsibility to confirm with your academic advisor that the courses will meet the specific degree and major requirements of the college in which you plan to transfer.

If you need help in checking the transferability of courses you take with us to other schools, please let us know, we’re here to help.

NC-SARA Institutions

NC-SARA_Approved_Institution_logo_roundEDUKAN consortium partners have completed the approval process by the NC-SARA organization which makes it easier for students to transfer credits to and from distance education / online institutions.

The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement is a voluntary agreement among its member states and U.S. territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. It is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state. Learn more at

Benefits for Students

  • Allows access to educational offerings from more than one institution
  • Helps reduce complaints from students in SARA states who are trying to get their credit hours transferred and applied to their degree program
  • Helps reduce institutional costs related to students who are transferring credits 
  • Will enhance the quality of distance education

For more information on this program, please visit our State Authorization page.

Incoming Transfer Credits

Transferring Credits from Previous Colleges & Universities

If you have received previous credit, a transcript from your previously attended institution(s) must be filed with the Pratt Community College Coordinator of Enrollment Services. Your advisor will determine which transfer credit hours will meet the graduation requirements that were set up for your approved program of courses.

Credit by Examination

Students whose educational experiences appear to have given them a proficiency in a course equivalent to that ordinarily attained by those taking the course in regular class may be granted permission to take an advanced standing examination in the course. For specific guidelines and requirements for credit by examination, consult Pratt Community College.

Military Service School Credit

EDUKAN may allow credit to veterans and military personnel who have successfully completed specialized training in a military service school. The evaluation for the number of credit hours to be awarded will be based on the recommendations as set forth in “ACEW Guide to the Evaluation Experiences in the Armed Services,” published by the American Council on Education.

Veterans must fill out the prescribed form from the Office of Veteran’s Affairs that shows the correct identification of the training program by title, length, location and course number.