Having the option of taking courses online has an added responsibility, time management. It’s easy to let your studying get pushed out to the very deadline when you don’t schedule your time.
If you’re serious about improving your study habits which will also reduce stress and being at your best for quizzes and exams, it’s time to get smarter about studying.
Here are some tips to help you make the grade in studying.
- Set aside time every day on a calendar with a reminder to get your studying done
- Make lists of tasks you need to accomplish
- Don’t have fun first, get the studying done and then you can have fun without the guilt
- Check your practice papers and review what you got wrong
- Study with friends and test each other
- Focus on what you need to study, don’t sit down without a plan
- Review and organize your notes into headings to improve retention
- Re-reading will help memory retention and recall
- Skim chapters first then go back and read it
- Take frequent breaks to think about what you just studied
- Use memory techniques like mnemonics, which can improve retention and speed of learning
Don’t sabotage your studying by doing these activities
- Listening to music
- Watching TV
- Surfing the net
Other helpful tips
- Eat well
- Drink lots of water
- Get 8 hours of sleep
- Visualize what you want to achieve